Health News: Spirulina Has 25 X More Carotene Than Carrots
Carotenoids such as Beta Carotene are the very powerful anti-oxidants that the body needs in order to prevent oxidative free radical scavenging responsible for many age related conditions. Spirulina is extremely rich in carotenoids and other anti-oxidants.
So why then should anti-oxidants a crucial part of our diet?
Anti-oxidants are extremely important for many health reasons, in particular to slow down or prevent oxidative damage to the organs and skin due to free radical scavenging. Internet damage to the organs goes largely unnoticed until a health issue arises, but oxidative free radical damage to the skin is the primary cause of degenerative ageing as skin becomes thiinner and less elastic, giving rise to sagging, wrinkling, marks, spots and blemishes, as well as making the skin more prone to Sun and environmental damage.
Spirulina contains many valuable carotenoids all of which are powerful in preventing damage to body, skin and organs, such as the Xanophyls Cryptoxanthin, Zeaxanthin and Lutein, but the one that is most well known is Beta-Carotene which gets its name from Carrots in which it is also found. Spirulina has 25 times more Beta-Carotene than even carrots.
Here are a few profound benefits of Beta-Carotene and other Xanophyls in preventing oxidative free radical damage to health and appearance:
- Protects the eyesight from age related conditions such as deterioration, macula degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma and others.
- Regulates the functions of the blood.
- Boosts the action and effectiveness of the immune system.
- Beneficial to the reproductive system.
- Helps to maintain mucous lining, eyes and skin.
- Improves energy and therefore endurance and stamina.
- Helps to defend against cancer.
- Helps to safeguard against gum disease
- Protects the heart against disease
- Defence against seasonal viruses such as colds and 'flu
- Protects the kidneys
- Helps to protect against skin and other damage from the Sun
- Defence against inflammatory conditions of the organs and vessels
- Supports healthy growth and development of tissues
- Valuable for women during pregnancy
These are just a few of the main valuable health benefits of beta-carotene and other powerful anti-oxidants in Spirulina - there are many more.
Beauty and Health begin on the inside, not through external creams, medical procedures, cosmetics and so on - by the time these are required the damage to the body is already taking place due to free radical action due to oxidation.
By taking Spirulina regularly you are treating your body to beta carotene and many other powerful anti-oxidants as well as a vast spectrum of other major health benefits.
Spirulina can be taken as a supplement in tablet form, and can be purchased in powder form to add to drinks, smoothies etc.
The whole family benefits from Spirulina, and the younger a person starts to take it regularly the more profound will be the long term valuable benefits.